HAPPY HOLIDAYS FROM THE IAB TEAM!
This past year has been a crazy one for IAB | MFG. The company has grown from a garage start-up to a full-fledged company within five years. Growing and running a business is no easy task! Even though our company sells tons of quality products, our team is small. Just last year the team was comprised of a mear five people, now, it has more than doubled. All of the company is dedicated to making this growing business that much better and more efficient. We live by our mantra of "I am becoming".
THE FIVE HIGHLIGHTS OF 2018
- The evolution of the brand has changed so much! The look and feel are almost a different brand from where Tom started back in 2013, but we are loving the direction we are going in.
- We have 5X'd our business in one year!
- As a team, we have at least doubled in size.
- It has been amazing to see what you get to create and put out into the world. Taking all that in and learning from it has been awesome.
- Lucas was added to the team and he helped to level up our game.
WHAT OUR FEARLESS LEADER HAS LEARNED
Learn to Let Go: Unfortunately not all employees are able to fly when you give them free rein, some people need to move on, others need more direction.
Don't Stress Out too Much: Cash flow for a small business is always a stressor, but it is how you respond to those stressful situations that make or break a company.
Learn to control only what you can.
Become Better Daily: You must always step it up as a company and learn as you go, by being an optimisticperson (some may say overly optimistic), you can push through a lot and keep the fire going.
"You don't know what you know until you know."
MEET OUR AMAZING STAFF
TOM: BADASS OWNER/ BOSS
The man behind all the magic
FOUR INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT TOM
- I am married with three kids
- I began the business in 2013 out of my garage
- I work in my free time
- I enjoy designing new collections and attire
| || |
SARAH: Operations Manager (a.k.a Multitasking Ninja)
Makes sure IAB is running smooth & problem fixer/solver
FOUR INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT SARAH
Freshly Engaged (I SAID YASSS)
- I love DOGS
- I don't know how to swim
- Forrest Gump is my favorite movie!
| NICOLE: Customer Service |
Assists customers with their needs and concerns
FOUR INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT NICOLE
I love spending time with my family
- I went to school for fashion design (I love to sew)
- I love animals, doesn't matter what it is, I love it!
- I'm a BMW enthusiast
| || LUCAS: Creative Director (@lucasambrosioph) |
Translates IAB's vision into visual content
FOUR INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT LUCAS
- Grew up in Brazil and moved to London when I was 16
- I am color blind
- I learned my photography and photoshop skills from YouTube
- Personal development enthusiast
| LAURA: Blogger/ Warehouse (@eudaimonialifestyle) |
Writes for the blog and helps in the warehouse pulling and fulfilling orders
FOUR INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT LAURA
- Lucas and I are expecting our first baby in May!
- I traveled solo for a year and a half, which is when Lucas and I met
- I paint, sketch, build, weave in my free time
- I plan to open a Wellness Retreat Center in the next 5-10 years
| || KAYLA: Warehouse Manager (@gaylanoso) |
Makes sure everything is getting done smoothly in the warehouse, customer service
FOUR INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT KAYLA
- I love to draw anything
- I love beer, especially IPA
- I am into fashion, one of my fashion inspirations is Rihanna
- I enjoy vintage shopping
ALMA: Warehouse/ Customer Service
Anything that invloves getting your clothing to you and helping you over the phone
FOUR INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT ALMA
- I have a dog that I love to wrestle with
- Recently started cycling
- I always want to try new coffee shops
- Always down to try new things, go to new places/towns
| || ALBERTO: Assistant Photographer/ Warehouse (@righetoushombre) |
Helps in the warehouse, photographs for the website or assists shoots
FOUR INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT ALBERTO
- I love clouds
- Fashion photography is my passion
- I play guitar in my free time
- I love to run long distances
| JAVI: Videographer ( @isthat_javi) |
Creates all things video related
FOUR INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT JAVI
- I can't smell
- I am an award winning videographer
- I get only one haircut a year
- Video's are my life, when not at work, I am working on non-work related videos
| || ABEL: Photography Intern/ Warehouse ( @abelinsane) |
Assistant photographer and warehouse help
FOUR INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT ABEL
- I am a foodie
- I consider myself a major geek
- Teaching photoshop and taking models portraits are my passions
- I love to play games with my family
| CRAIG: Warehouse |
FOUR INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT CRAIG
- Born in the Caribbean
- I have flown a plane and driven a boat
- I am married with two kids
- I enjoy thrifting and coaching my daughter at soccer
THE NEXT FIVE YEARS
- Always listen to our customers and continue to get better
- Focus on spreading the I AM BECOMING message in everything we do
- Continue to push our limits and boundaries
- Hit $100 million in revenue the next 5 years
- Create a fully staffed team with individual responsibilities
- Begin building other businesses (WKND Studios, GOAT Creative Agency)
As a team we want to thank you, our awesome customers for taking this journey with us. We are excited for 2019 and will continue to push the limits. We look forward to making new designs and expanding, even more, in 2019. Thank you also to everyone not mentioned above who is more behind the scenes but still helps makes IAB a reality.
Have a Happy Holidays!